Lockdown Diary - Sunday 25th April 2021

'...from swerve of shore to bend of bay' brings me back to the end of another week, 'Into the wikeawades warld from sleep we are passing.'

What does today have in store for me?  All the usual things ranging from washing to walking with some reading and music in between.

Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment as I forgot to take my almond croissant out of the freezer last night owing to a wine miscalculation. In my defence it was just too good and frankly, well, just frankly, we'll leave it at that. A frozen almond croissant defrosted in the meekrowarvey just doesn't taste as good, somehow. Won't get fooled again. (Though I probably will drink too much wine again. Thought: Is there such a thing as 'too much wine'? It's a self-regulating process, surely, since eventually you pass out and can't drink any more. Presumably that by definition is 'enough wine' but not too much? I guess it's only too much in the context of its impact on your ability to complete a task or activity. Like walk in a straight line.  Or as in the Dead Kennedys song 'Too Drunk to Fish' (or whatever it was called). Who said philosophy is dead?)

Time passes

After lunch I call a friend who I've not spoken to in ages.  She seems pleased to hear from me, though I know she is still deeply embroiled in clearing up the estate of her late husband, not to mention the grieving and the unexpected reminders that you discover when you go through someone's possessions.  She also knew the friend who I discovered the death of by chance last week, so there were a lot of sad and poignant bits of conversation. I can't help being reminded that we are not far from the precipice here, too. Sometimes I just want to jump off to get it over with. Nothingness has to be better than having your insides ripped out excruciatingly slowly. Discuss.

I fail miserably in my attempt to go for a walk, mainly as no one wants to accompany me and, after the final carer call of the day, I have lost the will, assuming I had it in the first place.

I'm suddenly reminded that as I'm not going to go back to work on Tuesday I have a few critical work tasks I should have done. I log on to my laptop update my time sheet for the month, reset my out of office and update my password on my client's systems as I had this feeling it was due to expire, which it turns out it was and today is the last day. Dodged a bullet there.

After that excitement I listened to Jane Weaver's new album and a bit of Cathal Coughlan's latest.

Dinner. This is about the only time I ever have access to all three sons at the same time, and so before starting watching 'The Serpent', I had to take advantage of this opportunity so I could have a fairly heavy chat with all three boys about what's going on with their mum. Now onto something really cheerful, 'The Serpent'

The Smiths / 'How Soon Is Now?' / 'Hatful of Hollow'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021