Lockdown Diary - Sunday 18th April 2021

Another day like any other day, going nowhere.

The sun is out again, but like yesterday it's magical powers are struggling to break through the overcast sky within.  I can't bring myself to partake.

Unexpectedly I got a visit from a friend who is a pharmacist in our local Boots. Very kindly she did me a favour in collecting and delivering my meds - and on her day off.  I'm feeling grateful and well looked after.

The rest of my day wasn't much to write home, or here, about, hence this is a very brief post.  If I did stop and write more I couldn't be held responsible for what I said and so on this occasion it stays on tour. If I may quote The Fast Show, 'Black, Black, Black!'  Suitably dark humour for prevailing conditions.

I gave in an ordered something I probably shouldn't have.  C'est la vie, je suppose 😕

Ended up listening to my main music playlist on random whilst resting in my room as part of some attempt to rewire, or at least, distract my brain.  It sort of worked, though songs and tunes often evoke memories which doesn't always play well with the rewiring / distraction.

Dinner tonight will be Halibut with various vegetables eaten initially whilst watching the final episode of 'Narcos: Mexico'. The final episode leaves a lot unresolved, which may be because in real life it's unresolved, but I do also wonder if this is an excuse for another series? The events of the final episode are far enough ago in time (the mid- to late-1980s, I guess) that there must be more of the story to tell.

The usual steps to another rewired land.

Queens Of The Stone Age / 'Sick Sick Sick' / 'Era Vulgaris'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021