Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 21st April 2021

What marks today as different from yesterday?  I'm a day older, certainly. The weather doesn't seem as bright.  In all other ways it started off the same, though.

I noticed that there is more external bruising visible on my abdomen. I guess that's part of the process of my body repairing itself. Either that or someone's been kicking seven shades of shit out of me in my sleep.

Another the letter.

This is exciting: one of the carers yesterday said she nearly tripped on the front door mat.  It is looking rather knackered and is breaking up, so I ordered a new one which should be coming today. Just in time for the old one to be taken away by the bin men tomorrow.

Successful delivery into a communications vacuum.

I plan to go for a brief walk this afternoon and see how that goes. I must admit I don't feel like I'm recovering as fast as I'd expected and may well get in touch with my GP tomorrow.

Early afternoon my sister called to check how I was and for a catch up. On the basis of the conversation I'll definitely be contacting my GP tomorrow.

Door mat was delivered. It's now in place ready to wow the carers tomorrow morning.

Earlier my social media indicated that it was a friend's birthday, so I sent birthday wishes, as usual.  Late in the afternoon I got a message from his wife to say he'd died last year, which was quite a shock. Another mutual friend messaged to tell me the same thing, but with a little more detail about what had happened.  We'd not seen each other for a few years but we had kept in touch over social media. We had been part of a close bunch of guys working in the IT department of a well-known cosmetics manufacture in West London.  It was also where I met my wife, so it's a significant time in my life.  I have a photo of five of us who were part of the team, and two of those in the photo are no longer with us and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the others was gone too.  And then there were two. It's a stark reminder.

Walk didn't happen, none of sons was up for it and as it would only have been a 'test drive' around the block, I decided it could wait another day.

As seems to be a commonplace of my life these days, I was visited by the black dog again and so became lost until we ate and watched another episode of 'The Serpent'.

Sleep beckons...

Vegyn / 'So Much Time - So Little Time' / 'Like A Good Old Friend EP'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021