Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 14th April 2021

Things are slowly getting better and although I still do have some pain and discomfort, I've decided to stop taking painkillers altogether as I think I'll recover quicker without them, as long as I'm careful.

My day is likely to pan out like all the others this week with a mix of reading, watching music documentaries, resting, and the occasional bit of writing.  For some strange reason I've not managed to listen to music much, but maybe that'll change today.

In between carer visits I've managed to finished reading 'Hawkwind: Days of the Underground: Radical Escapism in the Age Of Paranoia', which means there's room to start another book - so many to choose from!  I also found the time to write and post a review of it on Goodreads.

I had a disturbing dream about a friend, which made me get in contact with them to check they were OK and it was just a crazy dream.

Over lunch I started watching a documentary about Annie Nightingale, the Radio 1 DJ, which was an interesting and enjoyable diversion.  Good to see someone keeping John Peel's flame alive.

I still seem to be more tired than normal, which I guess must be down to the operation and its after-effects, to the extent that I nearly fell asleep during a period of daytime resting, something which is almost unheard of. (In fact, daytime resting is pretty extreme behaviour too)

The evening arrives, we eat dinner whilst watching 'Narcos: Mexico' and then I'm off to bed and sleep.

(I didn't end up listening to any music - maybe tomorrow)

Liela Moss / 'Atoms At Me' / 'Who The Power'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020