Tales From The Crypt - Tuesday 15th February 2022

Today is the day of my mother-in-law's funeral. I'm up early as we need to leave around 8:30 to 9:00 a.m. to get to Southport in time for the limousine to take us to the crematorium with other family.

Sons 1 and 2 are up early too (for them, at least!) and are getting ready as I finalise my suit/shirt/tie combo as well as put the finishing touches to the words I'll be reading.  Son #2 has supplied a memory and some words of his own which I've included too.  It's gonna be a long day!

Back now, best part of 12 hours later, which is not bad considering I was driving for close on 8 hours in total. Didn't stop on the way up or the way back - Road Warrior!

I'm not going to write much about the funeral here, but suffice it to say it went well. All the arrangements worked liked clockwork, the meeting E's brother and his wife was good and we were warmly welcomed.  I read my tribute, which dovetailed nicely with E's brother's eulogy, and I only got dust in my eye at a couple of points, which was good.  The post-funeral wake was enjoyable and suitably refuelled the boys and I for the journey home.

Absolutely shagged out on getting home, and had soup that had kindly been made for us, before bedding to head. 

Killing Joke / 'Lord Of Chaos' / 'Lord Of Chaos' (EP)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020