Tales From The Crypt - Monday 31st January 2022

My day starts on the south coast, with breakfast and heading off in different directions: one to work in the home office the other to the dining room table to write and read the papers.

After a brief interlude for lunch together, we headed back to our respective tasks. I've now finished the weekend papers - a major achievement for me by this early stage of the week!

Mid-afternoon I watch Boris Johnson on BBC parliament and I'm surprised the fire brigade aren't needed to deal with a bad case of pants on fire. Keir Starmer's speech in reply was surprisingly impressive and measured, though Johnson's response was as crass and childish as we've come to expect.

As afternoon draws to a close I drive us to a house on the east of the island for a second viewing.  It's a very quirky house layout but with some really strong positive features, and I agree that I like it as well.

On returning to the south, I gather up my things and head home, but not before a final application of ibuprofen gel to the back of my head and neck, which is still painful after my attempted high dive on tarmac.

Home now, some 90 minutes or so later, ready for tonight's Turkish takeaway with son #2: we'd pre-agreed neither of fancied cooking and so roughly 30 minutes after arriving home we sat down and ate together while watching episode 2 of 'Screws'.

The usual bedtime ritual with added Anne Enright discussing parts of chapter 1 of 'Ulysses' on BBC Radio 3.  Unfortunately it was so good it took me a long time to get to sleep. Another one at the same time tomorrow night.

Sycco / 'Time's Up' / 'Sycco's First EP' (EP)


[[ ]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020