Tales From The Crypt - Friday 11th February, Saturday 12th February and Sunday 13th February 2022

Friday is here!  Start the day with a walk followed by a quick shopping trip before starting work.  I've had a revelation about how I can organise my weekends and can't believe it's taken me this long to come up with the idea. Next weekend, or rather next Friday night to be precise, I hope.

Time to get down to work...see you later...

[The remainder of this blog has been written after the event!]

After work a taxi arrives to take me round to a friends house, for food, drink, conversation and music round a fire pit! 

Had a great evening with friends old and new, food was great as was the alcohol and company.  Kippers and I have a lot in common now!

Saturday begins in the usual way against a backdrop of packing for my trip to the south coast later in the morning. I get a load of chores done and as soon as the chores and packing are done, I head off.

After parking and unpacking, we set about a few jobs that needed doing, including a visit to the office to drop stuff off and a shopping run.

Time flies and before we know where we are it's time to walk to the Lebanese restaurant for a meal. Unusually, for me at least, you have to bring your own alcohol, so we arrived carrying a suitably chilled bottle of champagne.  After the food was ordered and glasses were supplied I set about opening the bottle. I faced a wall to try and ensure no one got a cork in the eye, but apparently from the rear my actions looked like I was doing something else, made worse by the fact I said, "it's quite stiff" and "it's coming". Thankfully, as I turned round with a bottle, as opposed to anything else, in my hand, all was revealed and perfectly innocent.

That drama over the food arrived and was very good, great starters and mains, not to mention the excellent home-made pistachio ice cream I finished with.  A wonderful and memorable evening. We'll go there again, I'm sure.

After walking home in the cold winds, watched the third episode of "Trigger Point" which began with a bang (it's about bomb disposal) and carried on from there...

Sunday morning begins with a rude awakening, but settles down into a chilled day of cooking, eating, tidying and writing. The writing being the words I plan to say at my mother-in-law's funeral next week.  As always the day passes all too quickly and I'm back in my car heading up the motorways on a miserable wet and windy evening - not the most wonderful of driving conditions.

On return home I'm greeted by son #2 and son #1 and his gf. French onion soup for dinner tonight, freshly made earlier today.  

Bed then sleep!

The Lazy Eyes / 'Fuzz Jam' / 'Hippo' (EP)


[[ ]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020