Tales From The Crypt - Wednesday 2nd February 2022

Working Wednesday with an early trip to the GP surgery.  It seems rather crazy, but in order to get a phone appointment with a doctor, I have to go to the surgery when it first opens and speak to a receptionist, who then books me a phone call with a doctor the same morning.

Back from the surgery, via a coffee shop, with a phone appointment scheduled for the morning and, literally as my first meeting starts, the GP calls.  The outcome being a blood test with a nurse tomorrow, and a suggestion that I call my dentist as apparently 'dentists know more about tongues than doctors do'. At the next available opportunity (after the work call) I will call my dentist to see if he'd like to see my tongue.

Amazingly I manage to get an appointment with a dentist at lunchtime, on the same day!

Back to work...

I'm now back from the dentist, who's had a thorough examination of my tongue/mouth and found nothing seriously wrong, which is good news. There are three possibilities:  firstly, there is a rough edge to a tooth near the sore area, which may be causing a problem, which he smooths; second, he recommends a particular mouth rinse which is very effective (allegedly); and third, which is at the same time least likely and most problematic, is 'burning mouth syndrome' (look it up!)

Watch this space (tongue-in-cheek!)

A pretty standard rest of my Wednesday ensues leading, inevitably to bed...

M(h)aol / 'Gender Studies' / 'Gender Studies' (EP)


[[ ]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020