Tales From The Crypt - Friday 23rd December 2022

A day of chores (washing, mainly), tidying and present wrapping lies ahead of me.  I don't think I'll have a lot of time to stop and think, or write.

On the positive front, son #2 seems to be having a great time in Costa Rica (it's a mere 27C there, so it must be tough for him), which means I can relax. (Well, as close to relaxing as I ever manage to do here).

In the afternoon I got some sad news.  E's dad is very ill and is receiving morphine in his nursing home as part of palliative care.  I have always hoped that E would outlive her mum and dad, and it looks like I may get that wish, not that I want my father-in-law to die, of course.  He has been both supportive and understanding of my situation and life changes and is a kindly soul. There aren't enough of those around.

Son #3 and I eat together (son #1 and his gf are going out tonight) and watch the most recent 'Live At The Apollo'.

Son #1 has yet to go out and I'm going to bed.  The wheel turns.

Jadu Heart / 'I Shimmer' / (Single)


[[This is a real slow burner, but I'm really loving it now.  Very shoegaze-y, but there's nowt wrong with that!  I'd not heard of them until now, though they seem to have released one album already, with another in the offing. I'm going to listen out for it.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020