Tales From The Crypt - Thursday 22nd December 2022

Today began early. Too early.  Not only that, it began in a very unpleasant way.  How so?

At around 3 am (yes, that is an actual time! Who knew?) I was awoken by my sons 1 and 2 informing me that water was dripping down the light fitting in the hall.  This has happened before (Christmas Day evening a couple of years ago, when some really good friends came to our rescue) and so I and the boys knew what to do.  Stop the cock.  I was half asleep but nevertheless managed it, then turned on all the hot taps (the water is pouring out the top of the hot water tank) and started a call to BG, which son #1 kindly completed. Apparently they are going to send someone out between 8 and 1 tomorrow. Back to bed.

I didn't sleep much longer, but did my best. Got to get up early as son #2 is flying to Costa Rica and being picked up at 6:30 am.

Said my farewells to an exhausted son #2, the cleaner arrived and then the first carer, K. No water. No heating.

The day proceeded as normal as is possible without water, or very limited access to water, until around 11:30 when the man of the hour arrived.

Leaky seal and immersion heater replaced and we have water and heat (turns out we could have had heat, but that's a lesson I've learned).

Half the day has been lost and now I need to get on with wrapping and so on.

Son #3 and I watched the end of the Agatha Christie documentary before calling it a day.  Tomorrow will be better.

Low / 'Just Make It Stop' / (Live)


[[Mimi Parker, R.I.P.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020