Love, Poetry and Revolution - Friday 26th May 2023

Another walk to start my working day. It's sunny again. PTL!

I don't know about you, but I often get phrases stuck in my head which keep coming to mind. Today I can't get the phrase 'Là ci darem' out of my head.  The eagle-eyed amongst you will know that this is Italian and is actually a shortened version of 'Là ci darem la mano', which is the title of a duet from Mozart's opera, 'Don Giovanni'.  As a general rule, I consider opera to be a musical form which is akin to torture, and thus this tune is not one I am familiar with, though I'm sure you guess where I heard the phrase. At the moment it's rattling around my brain and I would like it to stop. {In case you aren't a fluent Italian speaker (I'm not), the full song title translates as, 'There we will give each other our hands'.}

Opera, schmopera, it's time for work.

After work, I suggested we walk to the local pub near the ford, and so I was joined by sons 1 & 2, with son #3 to follow a little later as he's returning from a cinema trip with uni mates.

On the way there I suggested we either eat there or get a takeaway on our return.  The pub was rammed and we had to queue for twenty minutes to get a drink. Son #3 arrived before we reached the bar, and said he didn't want to eat there, but would rather have a delivery on our return. That's what we did, ordering whilst at the pub and then walking home as the food was cooked and on its way to us.  It was fun to sit outside and chat with all three sons together. It doesn't happen often these days.

We ate dinner whilst watching another episode of 'Colin From Accounts', which continues to be both funny and heart warming.

Robert Lloyd / 'Something Nice' / 'Me And My Mouth'


[[The lyrics of this song or so good at capturing that state of mind...

I was about to choose this and then started going into darker and darker territory, initially lyrically, then musically and lyrically, but then ended up back here.  This is from a really good, but overlooked album. ]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021