Love, Poetry and Revolution - Tuesday 16th May 2023

Even worse night's sleep than last night.  Now I know why though. I have a stinking cold.  Sore throat. Cough. The dam has been busted. My bin looks like a bin from an 'all-night cinema', if you know what I mean.

I started my day with one of the best breakfasts it's possible to have: smoked salmon on scrambled egg on toast. Breakfast of champions. (IMHO)

Despite feeling like death, slightly warmed, it's work today, so I will be busy.

Eating a protein-based breakfast really works. I don't get hungry and so I don't end up eating snacks (chocolate, most likely) that are fattening.

It's been a sunny day so I've changed my bed again (only when the sun is out (only kidding!)) and washed it all and hung it out to dry. Who says men can't multi-task?

Dinner tonight is Mexican-stylee. At the start of the day I marinated some chicken in fajita sauce (am I organised or what?) which I'm now going to cook and serve in tortillas with refried beans, avocado, carrot, tomato, grated cheese and a green salad. A really easy meal to knock up.  A lot of hand-washing so I don't pass on my cold.

Son #1 and I watched the first two episodes of the excellent, 'Colin From Accounts', though I have already seen episodes one to three. It hurts when I laugh, which put a dampener on it, but it was still very funny. 

I'm off to bed early as I need to try and get some sleep tonight.  Had a chat with Q, then reading, then sleep, I hope.

Skinny Pelembe / 'Don't Be Another' / 'Hardly The Same Snake'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021