Love, Poetry and Revolution - Saturday 27th May 2023

Plans are always in flux. Originally I was heading for Liverpool today, but now I'm not going until tomorrow.

A reasonably standard Saturday is ahead, I've already been shopping and have washing on.  On top of all the standard Saturday chores, I must pack, catch up on the papers, programme the scanner I'll be taking to Liverpool, start 'Ithaca' and chill.

Over lunch, I started watching a documentary on the writer Kurt Vonnegut.  I'm not far into it yet but I already sense that by the end of it I'm going to like Mr. Vonnegut a lot more.

Sons 1 and 2 have gone to a BBQ this afternoon but are due back in time for dinner, which I start making at around seven-thirty.

Not long after I serve the dinner sons 1 and 2 return and we all sit and watch the penultimate episode of 'Colin From Accounts'.  It's a cracker. A creepy cracker.

After that, I watch part of a documentary on Mount Everest, discovering that there are very close links between the Nazi party in the early 1930s and the bid to conquer Everest. Chilling. 

Sleep is calling me...

The Fatima Mansions / 'Go Home Bible Mike' / 'Valhalla Avenue'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020