Love, Poetry and Revolution - Tuesday 2nd May 2023

I started work today with some trepidation. My contract was due to be renewed on Monday, in theory. Every time this has happened before, I have lost my access from anything ranging from a few hours to a week.  I have been warning everyone for last couple of weeks to make sure it's all set up, but...

At some ungodly hour son #2 and his gf headed off to London to get a Eurostar to Paris, this all happened whilst I was still asleep, but I'm sure I'll get progress updates during the day.

Surprise, surprise. I've lost my access...again.

It's been a frustrating, but quiet day. No sons are home for the entire day, which is quite unusual.

I made dinner early and got myself completely up to date with MAFSA until the final one next week.  In between the two I watched this evening, I finished reading 'Oxen of the Sun'.  It occurred to me that some of the scenes are redolent of 'Carry On Nurse', even if they are couched in less transparent terms. It's a very difficult episode, probably one which readers either skip or give up on, if they've made it this far.  There are jokes, there's a lot of drinking and the birth of a baby (after Mina Purefoy has been in labour for three days!)  I'd like to write something a little more in-depth, but...I don't have the time.

Heading for bed now and a call with Q, to see what's been happening elsewhere.

Hollie Cook / 'Lunar Addiction' / 'Vessel of Love'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020