Love, Poetry and Revolution - Thursday 25th May 2023

Another early morning walk to kick start my day, before being glued to the screens. Nurse! The screens!

As far as the day went, mundane is the word. Greece, of course, is a different word.

The only out of the ordinary event was a visit by a former near-neighbour to collect a letter wrongly addressed to our house (in the middle...).  I haven't spoken to her in a long time and so it was good to catch up. I do like talking with people. I do like people. Generally, I guess. She said something along the lines of 'you'll definitely be going to heaven', to which I naturally replied that I doubted it.

Work comes to an end and I arrange a call with my big sis.  A phrase that sticks in my mind is 'your life is always uncertain'.  It was good to catch up.

Idler drinks tonight, and tonight's topic is rewilding Britain with the appropriately named Isabella Tree and Charlie Burrell. (They have written a book on it, 'The Book of Wilding: A Practical Guide to Rewilding Big and Small') A fact that surprised me is that the area of private gardens in the UK exceeds the combined area of all our nature reserves at over ten million acres. This means that each of us could make a difference by leaving an area of our lawns to go wild.  I am doing my bit.

Pasta for dinner tonight and we ate while watching a 'WILTY', before the evening unfolded in its usual way.

Robin Trower / 'I'm Out To Get You' / 'Caravan To Midnight'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020