Love, Poetry and Revolution - Tuesday 23rd May 2023

Tuesdays, however, are the 'new' Mondays.

I started the day with a brisk walk, to help get my head ready for work.  On my return, a large insect was sitting on the doorstep. With help from friends it was identified as a May bug aka Cockchafer.  Luckily I am not made aware of why it is named thus.

It's been, dare I say it, another sunny day and so after work I decided to cut the grass.  Tomorrow evening it's UFA and Thursday it's the Idler drinks and so, given I plan to be away at the weekend, tonight is the best night. It's now or never.  I am still reserving an area for 'no mow May (and June)' to see what insects I (or at least the longer grass) can attract.

I'm making dinner tonight and it's chicken fajitas, a kind of assemble it yourself meal.  In dribs and drabs people arrive and, when fully quorate, we watch an episode of HIGNFY.

I am still valiantly attempting to finish 'Eumaeus' before Wednesday evening, even though I have had less time than usual.

Chat with Q, a bit of Spanish, more 'Ulysses' and now sleep beckons.

Galen & Paul / 'Room At The Top' / 'Can We Do Tomorrow Another Day?'


[[This one came out of the blue, Galen & Paul, or more fully Galen Ayers and Paul Simonon have made an album together.  She is the daughter of Kevin Ayers and he was the bass player for The Clash.

I only became aware of Galen a few years ago, as she wrote the introduction to the book of her father's collected lyrics, 'Shooting At The Moon'.   She appears to be a fascinating person in her own right. ]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020