Love, Poetry and Revolution - Tuesday 6th June 2023

Heigh ho, heigh ho and all that...

Busy day of work, disrupted by an abnormal amount of coughing from E. When the evening carers came, we both agreed with my earlier observation that the cough was different and seemed to be rattling her upper chest.

The consensus was that I should contact the community matron and so, that's exactly what I did.

After work I spent an hour or so finishing the 'Penelope' episode of 'Ulysses', in plenty of time for tomorrow's final class.  What will I read next? Something a little lighter, that's for sure.  Nevertheless, I love the 'Penelope' episode, it's really eye opening and not for the vicar's tea-party.

Son #3 and I made spaghetti carbonara, with me acting as sous-chef, and obeying orders.

We ate dinner watching the penultimate episode of 'Colin From Accounts' which managed to be funny, difficult to watch and sad in the space of thirty minutes.

Chatted with Q and then read a little before hoping for sleep.

Astrud Gilberto / 'Girl From Ipanema' / (?From a film in this instance)


[[As she only died a few days ago, this is small tribute. I should probably also mention the sax playing by Stan Getz, but I've forgotten to.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021