Love, Poetry and Revolution - Friday 2nd June 2023

Friday comes around again.  I'm always glad when the weekend arrives, but equally conscious that I need to find ways to get pleasure out of every day. Life is too short. Especially when you are an old git.  Not that anyone knows how long they've got, so perhaps it is the folly of youth that imagines a vastness of life ahead, though of course hopefully, that is the way that it is for those we love.

Where was I? Oh yes, w**k. 

I've got a few things I really must finish today, though I won't finish too late as we're off out for a meal tonight at an Italian restaurant not so far away.

Q came home from work early-ish (good for her) and I carried on a while longer in order to finish the second of the two main things I needed to complete. 

A little before six we began our walk to Luca (not filthy). Luca is an Italian restaurant with a difference: food is served as 'small plates', i.e. like Spanish tapas.  The waiter suggested we had two to three plates each.  There was an interesting seafood platter (fritto misto) but it said it was for two people.  Q doesn't like seafood at all, nor much fish, however, I love most things that come from the sea (except turds courtesy of our water companies).  There were also mussels but I thought I'd be too fishy so I had the polpette, but next time I will have the mussels but not the seafood platter. The seafood was really good, but not enough variety for one person to eat alone, though the sea bass and the calamari was wonderfully well-cooked. 

For dessert, we had a rather wonderful deep-fried cheesecake with sorbet and other twiddly bits. It was absolutely incredible.  I washed it down with some Liverpool-made Limoncello, which was exceptionally good too.

We then walked home in the sun,  a wonderful end to an enjoyable date night (without dates).

'Fubar' then bed.

Scritti Politti / 'Oh Patti (Don't Feel Sorry For Loverboy)' / 'Provision'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021