Love, Poetry and Revolution - Bloomsday 2023 (Friday 16th June 2023)

Bloomsday again.  Organised for the day by wearing my Bloomsday t-shirt, and equipped with two copies of 'Ulysses' (the first one I bought and read some forty-odd years ago, now rather dilapidated and the most recent copy I bought for the 'Ulysses For All Course' I finished last week), with only one challenge, it's a working day.

Busy working, so apart from a pre-work visit to 'Calypso' (which begins at eight am), I haven't had much time to 'celebrate', but given how much time I've devoted to the book this year, I don't think this matters.  I'm going to read more about 'Penelope' before I sleep.

During the afternoon son #1 and his gf returned from town, but I am still working, so not a lot of time to talk.

Starting making dinner whilst 'banging out some tunes', helped by son #2. Son #1, his gf and I watched the hilarious 'HIGNFY' celebrating Johnson's good news.

Usual sequence of activities leading to sleep...

Pond / 'Sweep Me Off My Feet' / 'The Weather'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021