Love, Poetry and Revolution - Friday 9th June 2023

It's getting closer...

The weather is splendid and I will be splendidly stuck in front of a screen for most of the day!

E is still not herself, but not enough to be certain things are getting worse, but still, based on the carers' observations I did speak to the Community Matron.  After that, I settled a bit and E seemed OK, if a little warm.  False alarm, I guess.

False alarm or not, I was thrown off-kilter, and needed to talk to someone. Q stepped into the breach, despite being at work, just when I needed someone to listen to my drivel.

Worked later than I'd planned as there were a bunch of things I needed to finish that depended on the outcome of a four o'clock meeting and that I needed to work on so other people could work on Monday when I'm off.

After I'd finished I got some good news: Nadine Dorries has resigned.  May her name be lost forever. Culture? Pah!

As I started prepping the dinner, I put my CCM playlist on random and was uplifted by some great tunes. Music is such a powerful force.

Whilst I was making dinner, son #1 returned home, almost exactly at the time I learned some even better news, "Honest" Boris Johnson has resigned in disgrace.   Will he go quietly with good grace and humility? Will he fuck!!

We watched the penultimate 'Colin From Accounts' (again for me) before it was time to head for bed.

Spoon / 'They Want My Soul' / 'They Want My Soul'


[[I love this song, it has such a Friday night, 'out, out' feel.  The eagle-eyed amongst you may know this has appeared here before. I originally had a rule not to repeat myself, not to repeat myself, but I was thinking, this is my own rule, I don't have to follow it if I don't want to. And I don't. This song is now and is today, so here it is.

I was thinking of choosing 'Joy Inside My Tears' by Stevie Wonder, but there's a serious danger these comments would get really "mushy" as some would say, so I'll save that for another day. Bloody great tune and words.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021