Love, Poetry and Revolution - Sunday 4th June 2023

A much better sleep and a lie-in.  Sadly, it's that day when I traverse the motorway system to travel home.

Another late breakfast embedded within lots of packing and organising.  I settle in so well, I have stuff distributed all over the place.

It's almost one and I'm finally ready to leave.  I'll be making an initial detour to get fuel, but otherwise straight home.

Home now. OMFG!  The traffic was dreadful and thus the satnav took my on wild tour of Cheshire, initially heading towards North Wales (nice idea!) then heading across East Cheshire and gradually routing southwards to join the M6.  There were several more deviations and, overall, instead of taking a little over three hours it to nearer to five.  Thankfully I stopped to stretch my legs and grab some food to go with the lovely coffee I'd been made.

This extended journey time, combined with the late start meant that I didn't have a lot of time to get things done in the evening, before it was time to make dinner.

Son #3 and I made dinner and watched the end of Simon Reeve's journey across South America, ending in Tierra Del Fuego, which looks breath-taking.

Coach Party / 'All I Wanna Do Is Hate' / (Single)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021