Love, Poetry and Revolution - Thursday 8th June 2023

We are told that time flies when we are enjoying ourselves.  Time also flies when you are busy, whether enjoyable or not. I am busy at work and life is currently on orange alert. Thus time flies.

E seemed to be in a lot of pain when the carers did their morning hygiene visit, so much so that I called the district nurses. The current recommendation is for our GP to prescribe stronger pain relief than paracetamol, so we'll see what that turns out to be.

I'm not sure if there are signs that things are changing with E. Nothing definite or significant yet.  Keeping a close eye on E.

Back to work.

Tonight is the return of The Idler drinks after a break for half-term. The guest speaker is Guy Hayward talking about The British Pilgrimage Trust. I am a little sceptical because of the religious connotations of the word 'pilgrimage', but we'll see.

As so often happens, my preconceptions proved false, and it was a very interesting discussion about all aspects of walks to sites of spiritual interest.  The Idler friends (ten to fifteen of us) had a good chat afterwards for a little over an hour. Son #2 made dinner whilst I was on the call, and it was ready just after I finished. Perfect.

Son #2 and I ate dinner together (son #3 is on his way to Durham this evening) whilst watching more of the Kurt Vonnegut documentary.

I am tired. Clearing up and then heading for Bedfordshire.

Holger Czukay / 'Ode To Perfume' /  'On The Way To The Peak Of Normal'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021