Lockdown Diary - Friday 21st May 2021

No walk to start the day today, I plan to walk later if the weather holds. Instead I start work early as I have to go to the pharmacy to pick up some meds and, whilst there, a bit of shopping and a coffee (natch!)

Back home for work: I have a load of calls today and a 120-page document to read, understand then provide feedback on before close of play. Somewhere in between I'm having my second covid vaccination, which hopefully won't affect me as I have to finish the document, come hell or the other place.

At around 1:15 p.m. I leave a call to head off for the community centre where my GP surgery is doing today's mass vaccination.  As it was my second time, it was much easier - less questions to answer before going through and being jabbed.  After queuing for quite a while to get in, I was jabbed quickly then sat for the regulation 15 minutes to see if I was going to keel over or whatever it is they're worried might happen.

Back home and back on another call - the first of two consecutive hours of calls. 

By luck or maybe judgement a letter/card and magazine should have been delivered to a friend today. Hopefully so.

Mid-afternoon Alex's gf's father arrived to pick her up and, after saying goodbye, I returned to work and finished reviewing the monster document.

So far no effect - ill or otherwise - from Pfizer dose number two.

Dinner tonight is fish and seafood stew, which I start to the accompaniment of my 'Dead' playlist.  Amongst the tracks randomly played was 'Sunny' by Jim Noir, a song whose lyrics always stop me in my tracks, mainly because of the line / chorus 'Why do I insist on being sunny?' No more words.

We gather together to eat fish stew with garlic bread whilst watching the first episode of 'Top Boy', no longer set only in Summerhouse.

Bed next as I have to get up early tomorrow, but not before doing something silly that's better just left unsaid.

Melody's Echo Chamber / 'Mount Hopeless' / 'Melody's Echo Chamber'

[Seemed most appropriate, because clearly I couldn't break my rules two days in a row by choosing 'Sunny']



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020