Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 4th May 2021

Diabolical start to the day: Got up and showered early, as planned, but whilst shaving started to feel dizzy and my eye balls started to roll and unable to stay still.  I went for a lie down, mainly because standing up wasn't an option.

While lying down I didn't feel any better and my eyes were doing their own thing until something told me I was about to vomit.  Which I did repeatedly.  After that reappraisal of the remnants of last night's dinner, I lay back down and started to feel a little better. 

I heard the first carer arrive and managed to drag my sorry ass downstairs and let her in.  My eyes had other ideas and as soon as I'd let her in, I had to sit down, but not for long because it was time to throw up a few more times. After the carer left I returned to bed and dozed for about two hours, having drunk some water. Things seemed to be settling down, though I was aware that I was meant to be returning to work and didn't want to have a day off sick for a different reason straight after three weeks of recovery.

Luckily I must have ejected whatever offendeth mine eye (stomach) and started to feel rough rather than dizzy and so on.  I had some dry toast at around 10 a.m. accompanied with lots of water and I gradually started to feel better.  I wasn't fully well when I started work, but reckoned it just needed to be done, so I got on with it.

My conclusion is that it must have been something I ate last night, and no, I hadn't had any alcohol.  The boys were fine so the only thing I ate that was different was yogurt and blueberries.  I'm going to bin the yogurt as I'm not taking any chances. Hopefully tonight will be better.

As I started work the plumber arrived to start on a couple of jobs.  I must have looked a right state but left him to get on with things whilst I started work.

Got on with work and started reviewing my email backlog to see what was important, which helped take my mind off things.

As the morning unfolded, I started feeling better, eating a slice of dry toast initially and, later on, gaining confidence from that ate my breakfast of porridge and fruit for lunch.

Around lunchtime the plumber left having completed all he could do today - he's returning at 10 tomorrow morning, leaving the shower out of action for at least 48 hours.

Work got back to normal after lunch with a slew of meetings and knowledge transfer sessions.

Between meetings I decided to go and post the CDs I'd intended to post at the start of the day: at least that way tomorrow will be a clear day for work.

Worked through until the carers came for the last call of the day in the evening then decided to pack it in.  I have a video call with friends at 7 p.m., which will be fun.

Spent almost two hours chatting with school friends distributed across, Wales, the Midlands and the South of France.  We agree to have another catch up again soon as two of our number couldn't make it tonight.

I had to leave the call to eat dinner, which had been made for me by son 3 with a little help from son 2 whilst I chatted, and this got us all together to watch the penultimate episode of 'Line of Duty'. All being well we will watch the last episode tomorrow night.

After that, the usual culminating in sleep.

The Stranglers / 'Walk On By' / 'Black and White'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020