Lockdown Diary - Sunday 2nd May 2021

I struggled to get up this morning as I was very tired last night, but slept intermittently, nevertheless I was just about up and dressed before the carers arrived for the second call of the day (I heard the first carer arrive but she let herself in - I had no intention of getting up at 7!) 

Nothing out of the ordinary planned for the day, which made me stop and think.  I have made a decision that I will aim to do one thing that's out of the ordinary humdrum, workaday routine on days when I'm not working. This change won't happen overnight, but by the end of the year I want to have put this in place. If this works then the days when I do nothing will be out of choice, they will be days to chill on.  It is dependent on the easing of lockdown to a certain extent, as some things won't be possible until that happens.  

Had a video call with a friend in the afternoon, after which I went for another of my legendary thirty-minute walks.  Unusually I barely saw a single person on my walk.

On my return I phoned my younger sister and we had a longish chat about life and things that are going on in each of our spheres of the world.

Son #3 and I cooked dinner tonight with an experimental starter of ray. I keep seeing ray at the fish counter and consider buying it as I know I like it, however I'm not sure about my sons.  Fried it in butter and olive oil with salt and pepper and we all got to try it and liked it.  I'll be buying four ray next Saturday, if they have any.  I managed to refrain from singing 'Stingray' whilst cooking it. Almost.

We sat down together and started watching episode 4 of 'Line of Duty'. Part way through I stopped proceedings for a 40 minute discussion about life, specifically how ours has to change over the next year, touching on such subjects as: sleeping, waking and eating habits; finances; my social life; part-time jobs whilst at uni; holidays; the future for their mum/my wife; how we all have communicate if we're to share the house; and so on. Dunno what possessed me, but possessed I was.

'Line of Duty' finished tonight and we still have episodes 5 and 6 to watch before we get to the finale, which means it may be a challenge not reading any spoilers before we get to watch it.  However it ends, I do hope Jed Mercurio has done the decent thing and finished it for good, no leaving things open for another series. We will wait and see.

After that bed, sleep etc

White Hills and Gnod / 'Drop Out' / 'Gnod Drop Out with White Hills II'

[Turn up loud, loud enough to feel the bass, then lie back and allow the hypnotic rhythm to take over]


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020