Lockdown Diary - May Day Bank Holiday (Monday 3rd May 2021)

Here we go round the wheel again...

Nothing planned for the day, but whilst drinking coffee I am possessed by the crazy idea that I should cut the grass front and back, assuming I can get it done before the forecast rain and gale force winds hit.

I get all the grass done and almost fill the garden-waste wheelie bin but the whole process reminds me why I absolutely hate gardening and is accompanied by suitable muttering of obscenities. People tell me gardening is relaxing, but it absolutely winds me up and raises my blood pressure. Nevertheless, having started and whilst my mind has been hijacked by this temporary insanity, I decide to tackle a few bushes that need attention from the hedge trimmer. As usual I manage to cut something I didn't intend to, which puts an end to my wild trimming, at least until I repair the cable.  One of these days...

Meditation is the only sensible thing to do next. Now that IS relaxing.

Time to make lunch: son #3 and I do the honours.  Son #1 is out in town with his gf and son #2 is asleep, as far as I can tell.  I eat my lunch watching part of a music documentary called 'Studio 17: The Lost Reggae Tapes', which is an excellent insight into the evolution of reggae and dub from ska, featuring some great footage of Lee 'Scratch' Perry, Peter Tosh and Jimmy Cliff, amongst many others.

Part way through watching the documentary, the phone rings and it's my older sister, phoning for a chat and a catch up on my recovery.  I tell her I am definitely fit enough to go back to work, but maybe two or three weeks away from yoga and some of my more serious exercise.

I watch a bit more of the documentary after the call whilst I finish the rest of my lunch.

Later tonight it's book club, when we are due to discuss 'Hot Milk', and I need to find time to update my review ahead of the meeting.  The book is a strange one, which resonates with my life now, though in most ways there is no connection or similarity.

Another great book club discussion. 'Hot Milk' certainly generated a lot of discussion and it was generally liked. The discussion went on for quite a while and I had to leave early to eat my dinner with the boys, though luckily I stayed long enough to vote in the choice of book to be read in June.  May's book is 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho, a book I've come across many times, but never have read.  I have to admit I'd parked it in the 'new age' nonsense category, but now I will have to read the book and see if my preconceptions were wrong. 

Over dinner we watched episode five of 'Line of Duty' - only two more to go - before I retired to bed and sleep. Early start tomorrow - back to work.

Kikagaku Moyo / 'Gatherings' / 'Masana Temples'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020