Lockdown Diary - Sunday 16th May 2021

Well, that's a surprise! I've woken up to rain, so I'm gonna delay my walk until later, assuming the rain stops.

Usual rubbish chores to do, not made any easier by the rain: when will it ever cease?

I had a long chat with my younger sister which was a good reminder of what I should be doing, but I am failing to do.  Originally I had planned to drop by to see her and sit in her garden, but the rain has put paid to that.

Over lunch I started watching a documentary about Betty Davis - the American singer who was married to Miles Davis and influenced his musical direction by introducing him to Jimi Hendrix and Sly Stone - which was a reminder to check out her raunchy funk albums of the early 1970s.  So far, it's been well worth watching.

Some time during the Betty Davis documentary my other sister rang and we had a good catch-up.  The carers arrived during the call, though the call came to a natural end before they left.

I've got a lot of albums from 2021 I've not really listened to, so I decided it was time for a listening session. Listened to the new Paul Weller and Goat Girl albums in full, and started on the new double CD from The Coral, which was even better than I thought it was.  It also helped me identify additional tracks for the compilation I'm working on.

Tonight's dinner is Smoky Pork with Boston Beans which son #3 and I started with additional help from son #2.  Once prepped it's a one-pot cook in the oven dish and while it cooked I listened to more music, this time via my main playlist on random play, which is well on the way to being 75 hours long.

We ate dinner whilst watching the first episode of the second series of 'Top Boy: Summerhouse'.

After that son #1 and I watched the tail end of a Sky Arts documentary about the Pink Floyd album 'Wish You Were Here' sparking a conversation about Syd Barrett.  That was followed by a documentary about Lynyrd Skynyrd, which we stopped watching early on.

Time for bed said some moustachioed springy bastard.

Dave Matthews / 'Some Devil' / 'Some Devil'

[Because life just is that way]



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020