Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 26th May 2021

Another early start and walk. Crazy person disappeared - real or not? Banned or self-deleted? I will never know.

Early morning trip to the Post Office to send a bold letter journeying to its destination.  Undone. I am. Adrift. Flip-flop state A to state B and round again.

Guess what I'll be doing today?  Begins with 'w' and ends in a 'k'? Any clues?  I'm told if you do too much of what I do it can be bad for your eyesight? Getting warmer?

Work it is then...

Got an email from Talking Therapies mid-afternoon asking if I wanted to have a one-to-one as they were concerned by my scores in the PHQ-9 test (and others) I did before last week's half-day of meditation.  Given the way I've been feeling of late, I decided that I probably should take up the offer.  I have an hour long one-to-one with one of the counsellors tomorrow afternoon. 

Work again...hours of back-to-back calls ahead of me.

Unusually I'm finishing a little earlier today as I am making my first trip to a pub since it became possible to do so. I'm meeting a couple of school friends there for drinks.  I set off at around 5:35 p.m. walking to the local with the others due to meet me there at around 6.  Less than 5 minutes into the walk I realised I'd forgotten my mask and returned home.

Unexpectedly I felt quite relaxed in the pub, seated at a table with the bar staff taking our orders and delivering it to us. Great service! I think we all felt relaxed and for each of us it was out first pub visit. Initially there were two of us, but joined by a second friend a little later. Time flew, with lots of laughter and stories, as well as the germ of an idea for another larger scale get together of our school year. A great evening out!

Returned home at around 8:45 p.m., to find my dinner was in the cat, and everyone else had eaten.  OK, so, my dinner wasn't really in the cat - I don't think cats like pizza and, more significantly, we don't have a cat anymore. My dinner was in the top oven, being kept warm, and so I sat down to eat it with the crew.

After that bins, some washing up, then bed.  

Coil / 'Amethyst Deceivers' / 'A Guide for Beginners: The Voice of Silver / a Guide for Finishers: a Hair of Gold'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020