Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th May 2021

Walked after the first carer call then hot-footed it to the shops to collect some meds from the pharmacy and pick up a coffee.

Back in time to start work before 9 a.m.

Amongst the work work, there was also some admin and planning to do, owing to some training that's spread over 6 weeks and totally fucks up my annual leave plans.  

Called Talking Therapies and booked my initial assessment / consultation for next week after which I also notified my manager of my impending sessions as a heads-up in case of any work impact.  I had planned to spend parts of my annual leave doing the above training, but have decided in light of the TT goings on that days are either work or leave and not some mix of the two.  It won't feel like a day off if I have to get my laptop out and work for part of it.

Work

Plumber came late morning and measured up the en-suite. He also made a repair to the existing problem which should allow us to use the shower by Monday, but not before (probably out of paranoia) I've sprayed the suspect area with grout and tile protector which is waterproof.

Work

After work I took son #1 and his gf to the station so she could return home.  I was surprised by how busy the roads were, especially in town. Guess this a sign of some sort of return, though whether this is entirely good, I'm not sure.

On return from the station I started changing my bed with son #1's help, though not before an initial shot of wine. It's been a week of seriously disturbing turmoil.

Booked a couple of tickets to see Jah Wobble and The Invaders of The Heart in late January next year.  Should be good.

In the grip of some insanity I ordered the upcoming Caravan career retrospective boxset titled 'Who Do You Think We Are?', which includes 37 discs and heaven knows what else! 

Son #3 and I cooked beef meatball and black bean chilli together, served on a bed of rice (sans pillows).

'Top Boy', Elizabeth Barrett Browning then bed, followed by some form of sleep intermittent. 

The Fall / 'R.O.D.' / 'Bend Sinister'

[Frank Skinner chose The Fall for his closing song on his Idler talk last night and I don't think I've chosen a Fall song despite being a huge fan, so here they are...]



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020