Tales From The Crypt - Friday 6th August 2021

As I mulled over my plan for today, it occurred to me that this has not been the most restful annual leave, nor has it exactly been centred on me doing anything that really interests me. No trips out this week (unless you count the tip) and not much else either, though I guess the end result of the work son #2 and I have been doing will help make both our lives a bit easier.

Another day dominated by shifting stuff: the hi-fi stand arrived and I assembled it ahead of emptying the old unit and moving it to the garage. Once son #2 emerged, he helped empty and move the old unit to the garage and then helped me reconnect the hi-fi equipment in its new home.  The old turntable I have is a bit knackered so I've retired that, until the time is right to buy a new one.  Though I do have several hundred vinyl albums, life doesn't really make it easy for me to listen to them so there's no hurry to buy a replacement.  Now that the hi-fi is in it's new home, it's time to test it - to make sure it's all correctly wired up and working, naturally.  The first thing I notice is that now the speakers are in a better location, there's a noticeable improvement in the sound, which will be an excellent reason for some more listening.

After a brief test - all too brief! - I return to sorting out more of the things from the spare bedroom until it's time for the next task: as the heavens open and unleash a torrential downpour, I'm getting in the car to take son #1 and his gf to the station. Makes a change from shifting stuff, I guess.

I'm really hoping we finish the gargantuan reorganisation tomorrow as I'm getting cheesed off with lugging stuff around every day. I listen to a few songs from a couple of albums I know really well, just to confirm the sound really is improved, then start making dinner.

We eat dinner and watch an episode of 'Inside No. 9' before bringing the day to a close.

Mbongwana Star / 'Kimpala' / 'From Kinshasa'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020