Tales From The Crypt - Sunday 15th August 2021

What do you do, when it's all behind you
Every day, someone else reminds you
When times were sweet.
Wings on your feet, and bells on your toes
Ahh, only heaven knows...

A day of chores, weekend papers, music, and the book club novel, and not a lot else.  One of my 'change my life' objectives is still not in play - must try harder, I guess.

Over lunch I watch the end of the first part of a documentary from BBC4 entitled, 'The Summer of Love: How Hippies Changed The World'.  It's an interesting documentary, with excellent music: one thing I have discovered - why on earth have I never seen all of D.A. Pennebaker's film 'Monterey Pop'?  This is clearly an omission that must be rectified.  The second and final part of the documentary will be an exploration of the darker undertones, especially from a woman's perspective.  Should be interesting.

'Adults' by Emma Jane Unsworth is this month's book club read and though it's easy to read, I've not quite got into it properly. I'm some 70 pages or so into it and I don't yet know what to make of it.  It's deliberately social media-centric - that's a key element of the central character's world and of her circle of friends - and Jenny is seemingly quite monstrous and I'm sure worse is to come.  Guess I'll have to wait until the end and our discussion early in September.

Son #3's gf is visiting us for the day and I have volunteered to take her to the station early in the evening, an uneventful journey in itself, apart from thinking I'd seen someone in a car who I've not seen for quite a while, a disturbance in my equilibrium.  Probably not, but a disturbance anyway.

Sea bass for dinner and son #3 are on dinner duty tonight, culminating in us all gathering together to watch the next episode of 'The Haunting Of Bly Manor'. The first time we've all sat down and watched something together in well over a week. This is how the future will look.

Peels

Ozric Tentacles / 'Switchback' / 'Technicians Of The Sacred'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020