Tales From The Crypt - Thursday 19th August 2021

Another day's post that'll probably end up being light on words, mainly because I'm busy with work.  There are probably several things I need to write about but time will probably be against me.

Usual early start with cleaner arriving before first carer; I did my walk and stuff with an added outing to the post box to post a letter and a birthday card, then back to work...

Whilst I was out posting things FedEx came and delivered Caravan's massive career-spanning box set, 'Who Do You Think We Are?', but other than to open the packaging I've not got time to look at it properly.  When I get the time, I will probably have something to say about it. 

Apart from the day's carer visits, work has been the main focus, and there's not much to say about that.

The only other thing of note is that son #3 has had his second vaccination today, so we are now all doubly vaccinated, though that news comes against the backdrop that one of the carers has gone off work (yesterday) with a positive Covid test. Let's hope she is OK and is back to full health soon.  I know it's a double-edged thing for the carers: on the one hand they can't work because they are ill but also they work so hard, I imagine that if the symptoms aren't too bad, it must feel a bit like a break. Hopefully her symptoms will be mild (they are all fully vaccinated) and there will be some element of rest involved. 

I finished work promptly because at 6 p.m. I am joining another 'Idler Rogues' Zoom call with friends from the Idler, mostly in the UK, but including one in San Diego. We're a few people short, with one of our number playing a gig tonight and a few other absences.  One of the group was taking part in 'Come Dine With Me' last week, and was telling us what he could, though there are limited things he is allowed to say before it's broadcast. If I had harboured any thoughts of taking part (which I hadn't), based on the selection process and the rules alone, I certainly wouldn't. Sounds like it could be a laugh, though, so I'll be recording it when it comes on (roughly 6 to 8 weeks). 

Two hours passes by in a flash and we part agreeing to meet again next week.  It's been a really good thing to do in the absence of the Idler drinks.

Whilst I was idling, son #3 and his gf made dinner. Just as the call finished, dinner was served. I could get used to that! (I could, but it won't happen)

Son #1 and his gf are out for dinner, leaving only son #2 and I to watch some TV, and I chose the second episode of 'Write Around The World with Richard E. Grant', which was set in the south of France.

Le fin.

Thesia / 'Parodos' / 'GOST: A Spiritual Exploration into Greek Soundtracks (1975-1989)'



[[An instrumental for a change; this is from a fascinating compilation of Greek soundtrack music released earlier this year]]

[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020