Tales From The Crypt - Wednesday 4th August 2021

Big plans for today. Well, maybe not that big, but lots of effort required by at least two of us. More on that in a moment.

It goes without saying (so, why are you saying it?) that saying without goes it, which is a roundabout way of saying that, as is usual, I started my day with a walk. Says who? Says I, that's who! Strictly speaking that's not really true. I started my day when the alarm went off and I though, 'fuck this!' and snoozed the alarm. There were several repetitions of this sequence before I decided I really did need to get up, else I'll not be dressed and ready for the first carer of the day with knock-on consequences for the rest of my morning.

Theoretically, the plan for the day is to clear a load of stuff we don't need out of the garage and take it to the tip (we have booked a slot - feels like going on holiday, only to a very smelly place). That's step 1. Step 2 is to completely reorganise the way the remaining stuff is filling the garage to maximise the use of space.  Step 3 is to take the stuff to the tip. On returning from the tip, step 4 is to start reorganising the bedroom that is son #2's office in order to make space for his desk, which also involves moving the surplus stuff displaced by the reorg into the space created in the garage during previous steps. Are you still with me? (No, I'm with the... STOP RIGHT THERE!)

In the event the above was a larger job than anticipated and there's still stuff to move - like a bookcase and a load more boxes of shizz - and, as part of the bigger plan, two items of furniture to move out of the living room into the garage to make way for a new Hi-Fi stand so that the room suits the way we (especially me) live now.

Son #2 and I are working up until 6:45 p.m., when I stop to get ready for yoga at 7 p.m.  I think it may be a challenge today as several parts of my body are aching from the lifting, shifting and general drifting.

Well, there you go, despite the aches and pains, I manage to do all the yoga poses and breathing exercises, though the savarsana pose at the start and finish is especially welcome.

Bit of chaos food-wise, but we manage to sit down and watch a bit of the documentary 'Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool' before son #1 and his gf get ready to head off out for the rest of the evening / night, leaving son #2 and I to do the jolly bins.

Bed and sleep beckon, at last...

Robyn Hitchcock / 'Autumn Sunglasses' / 'Robyn Hitchcock'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020