Tales From The Crypt - Sunday 8th August 2021

'A wise advisor once advised me this way
Don't move your mouth till you've got something to say
Talk in the morning but when the moon comes up
Take my advice boy and keep your mouth shut'

My plan is for a day of rest after all the recent exertions: read the papers; maybe listen to some music (never a day should go by without listening to music); and being on stand-by when son #2 assembles his IKEA desk, the final piece of the office process we started on Monday/Tuesday.

When son #2 eventually emerged, he got stuck in to making the desk and was making good progress. I think assembling IKEA furniture is an essential life skill, so I'm happy to let him get on with it.  He needed my help a bit as one of the final stages needs two people to do it and he also inadvertently stuck one of wooden dowelling pegs into the wrong hole - only way to fix it was to drill it out and create alternate peg  out of the materials in my toolbox.  Once the main table was fully assembled I left him to make the drawers whilst I had a phone chat with my younger sister: more tales from the frontiers (as opposed to the back ears) of online dating.

Desk assembly has made it rather late (if you don't get up until 4:30 p.m. and then start the task, it's not altogether surprising when it gets late, an observation I may have politely shared with son #2), so it's gonna be pizza from Dominos tonight as that's usually the quickest takeaway to get deleivered.

We watched another 'Inside No. 9' and chatted whilst sharing pizzas and garlic bread and then it was off to bed, much later than I'd expected.

Mulu / 'Pussycat' / 'Pussycat' (EP) & 'Smiles Like A Shark' (Album)



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020