Tales From The Crypt - Thursday 5th August 2021

Up early for the cleaner, but also because there's more stuff to do as part of our spare bedroom/office and living room reorg.

Did my usual walk then went in search of a new hi-fi stand for the living room.  It didn't take long to find what I was after on Richer Sounds and managed to get a bargain as well.  That out of the way, I decided to start work on son #2's office (he's not up yet), beginning with emptying book case #3, moving it and then refilling it. Now that's done I can't do much else until he surfaces.  Now that I've ordered a new hi-fi stand, which should arrive tomorrow, I will have to begin moving surplus furniture out of the living room, which will require a further game of 15 puzzle.

Once son #3 emerged we discussed what we wanted to achieve today, moving stuff-wise, and started to get it done.  One of the biggest tasks was moving the corner unit out of the living room into the garage.  The base of the unit is full of alcohol, especially whisky, though close inspection shows that the corks have dried out and broken and as they've been opened I fear they may be off, but I guess there's only one way to find out.

Despite the rain we manage to get the corner unit into the garage without smashing the china, which counts as a result in my book. One of of tomorrow's task will be to empty the old hi-fi unit and then get it in the garage after another game of 15 puzzle.

The evening is upon me and it's time to join a Zoom call with a new group of friends from the Idler.  Some fun catching up and chatting with a free mini gig thrown in as one of our group is a musician, who was due to have a gig tomorrow, but it's been cancelled.  He played guitar and sang solo and was really good, especially the song he'd written himself. Almost two hours later we break as a couple of us have dinner to make and there'll be time to meet and chat again next week.

I get dinner under way pretty much on my own, before son #2 joins me to help by spicing up the vegetables I've prepared.  I'm happy with this as I've not had time to do that as well as prep everything.

We eat dinner together - son #1 and his gf; son #2 and I - and decide to watch a film.  Son #1 chooses 'Yardie' which is a 2018 British crime drama set in both Jamaica and the UK and directed by Idris Elba.

'Yardie' was a good film - great soundtrack, some good action sequences too though the story line is pretty bleak.  Watch it, though, especially if you like reggae.

It's quite late now, owing to watching a film, so bed is next...

Beyond the Wizard's Sleeve / 'Black Crow' / 'The Soft Bounce'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020