Tales From The Crypt - Friday 20th August 2021

A quiet Friday that didn't start with a walk but instead with a trip to the shops to pick up a prescription and buy a couple of birthday cards for my father-in-law.  Who says excitement is dead?

Without so much as an interlude to calm down from my heightened state, I'm straight into work, coffee in hand.

Work occupies my mind until the early evening when it's time to take son #1 and his gf back to the station, before settling down with an alcohol-based unwinder.

Despite having a fledgling compilation CD (most likely titled 'The Best of 2021 (Part 2)') on my mind, I don't find time to listen to music properly, nor do I have time to visit the Caravan box set, 'Who Do You Think We Are?', which will have to wait until tomorrow.

I've also been informed that tonight's Tim Burgess' Twitter listening party will be Microdisney's great album 'The Clock Comes Down The Stairs'.  I won't be able to listen live, but I will watch the replay tomorrow.

Son #3 is taking part in a 'Rocket League' tournament as part of a Reading University team, so he doesn't join us for dinner.  The rest of us watch the first episode of series 5 of 'Inside No.9', which it turns out none of us have seen.

What follows is what always follows...

Matt Berry / 'Summer Sun' / 'The Blue Elephant'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020