Tales From The Crypt - Tuesday 3rd August 2021

First day of my annual leave, though I have no plans for the day. There is a vague idea we might start sorting the garage to make space for the stuff in the spare bedroom for son #2 to move in his work desk. In order to do that we have to take some stuff to the tip to make space available in the garage.  Starting that job today does depend on my sons getting up, which may be a tall order.

Before any of that I'll do my walk and other exercises: post-hernia operation way back when, I've restarted press-ups and weights (bicep curls) over the past couple of weeks.  I did have an initial setback in that I overdid the press-ups after my first success and pulled/overstretched something or other my abdomen which gave me pains for a few days, meaning I had to stop doing the press-ups. Touchwood, things seem to have returned to normal (I've done yoga since).

The morning carers (second call) came with a surprise: two huge bunches of gladioli and lilies from the garden of one of our wonderful Thai carers, grown by her twin sister, who brought them with her today. The lilies are the most fragrant I've ever encountered, their scent fills the whole the extension/E's bedroom. We are hugely grateful, especially E because she loves flowers. 

After exercise and flowers I published my review of 'The Mermaid Of Black Conch' on goodreads and got on with various chores ahead of the emergence of my sons.  [Why am I wasting my leave on chores?]

Eventually sons emerged, though too late for any actual work to be done, in part due to the fact that I have my second counselling session at 4:30 p.m.

Another intense session: I was doing so well until we dug that bit deeper. I guess I'm coming to understand that I've lost, or allowed myself to lose more than I'd realised. As always the time ran out just at the point that we'd hit upon something important - we have to continue from there next week as I think it's made me realise something that will hopefully help me change things, turn things around further.

I'm quite drained after that and no longer feel like listening to music, which was my original plan.  I've started the next book club book, 'Adults' by Emma Jane Unsworth.  I'm not sure how I'm going to get on with this. There are aspects of the main character (so far) that are quite jarring and don't sit easy with where my head is post-counselling. Maybe it'll be easier away from those sessions.  We shall see.

Making dinner with son #3 tonight, his last dinner here for a week, before settling down to watch the third episode of 'The Haunting Of Bly Manor'.

Sleep beckons

Boards of Canada / 'Kid For Today' / 'In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country EP'



[[This is a haunting, achingly beautiful track...]]

[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020