Tales From The Crypt - Wednesday 25th August 2021

Work again today, and not a lot out of the ordinary planned. It seems like it's going to be another sunny day, which will make a warming backdrop as I spend most of the day sat at my desk, staring at screens, as opposed to screaming at stairs, which is planned for tomorrow.

Not much to say today as I've been working and not had time to stop and think about anything but work.  About six months ago - maybe more, time has been distorted by the pandemic - I had a plan to include 30 minutes 'thinking' time into every day.  The idea being that you set aside the time and don't try and think about anything in particular, letting your mind roam where it will (and mine sure does like to roam), and - if it happens - noting down anything interesting that may occur to you. There is no goal other than allowing yourself free reign to think. This is not the same as meditation, when the goal is not to think about anything at all (as if!!!), rather to be aware of all the physical sensations in your body, just being. The trouble is I never managed to establish thirty minutes thinking time as a habit, unlike meditation.  Why do I mention it?  It's time I made another attempt to establish thinking time as a habit. There is much that I'm dealing with that deserves the full attention of my brain cell.

My afternoon was broken up with a trip to the shopping centre to take son #2 to the GPs for a blood test, which is hopefully the first step into getting to the bottom of a problem he's been having with tiredness and leg pain. It's the second attempt: the first time it was identified that he had a Folic Acid deficiency, and was prescribed Folic Acid tablets to address this.  The tablets have been stopped but the symptoms are returning, so let's hope they get to the bottom of it. In the meantime I've ordered him some multivitamins as I think he's probably short of vitamin D as well, given he spend so little time outside.   We shall see what happens.

Over dinner we finished watching 'The Haunting Of Bly Manor', which was pretty good overall, if a little confusing at times.

Not sure I'm totally with Edgar Allan Poe on this one, but I know where he's coming from: "Sleep, those little slices of death — how I loathe them."

Jorge Ben / 'Hermes Trismegisto E Sua Celeste Tábua De Esmeralda' / 'A Tabua De Esmeralda'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020