Tales From The Crypt - Monday 9th August 2021

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a simple man in possession of a good tune, must be in want of a life.  So begins another day in the series of days of rebuilding.

Today is my last day of this period of annual leave, well, strictly, Friday was in reality since I no longer work on Mondays, but it feels that way, and that's what counts.

For reasons I can't fully explain I had a sudden urge to send a 'Hello' card to a friend I've not spoken to in a while, which may bring a little joy - who knows?

You'll probably think I'm crazy, and perhaps in some ways I am, but I have been doing an online course, 'How To Write', and doing the exercises with some enjoyment, despite the fact that it is, essentially, work. I love words, I love writing, I love language and I love playing around with it. At some point in the near future I hope the course begins to pay off, though I'm not there yet.  I did two lessons today and the second one on narrative was particularly good, so good, in fact, that I'll probably watch it a second time.

My final day of freedom has been spent doing yoga, listening to the latest 'Freak Zone', continuing with the aforementioned writing course and exercises along with a few more tedious but necessary things that I have to organise on my wife's behalf.  It has been a day of torrential rain and so not a lot else has been possible, though I did manage to do my early morning walk without getting persisted on.

In the evening son #2 made dinner after making cookies online with his gf in Costa Rica leaving son #1 and I to watch Richard E. Grant's writer-inspired tour of Southern Italy.  Sleep naturally followed that.

A Formal Horse / 'This One's Just A Warning' / 'Meat Mallet'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020