Tales From The Crypt - Tuesday 17th August 2021

So many choices you have to run
Because when life is made too easy
It's much harder to simply have fun
Now you're always on the run
You panic when someone tries to unfold you
Scream for the dream that seems to hold you
You want to give love but only on condition
That it's on your terms and that position is lonely
This I know

The working week begins today and I know I need to focus on getting my one-pager for my architecture level 2 certification completed today, as once other things kick in I'll have less time to focus on it.

All the usual things happen, with one minor blip: Tuesday is one of the two days a week my wife is lifted out of bed via the ceiling hoist into her tilt-in-space chair, but today the hoist seems to have some problems and the emergency stop cord snapped.  Luckily the problem occurred before E was hoisted into her chair, because how we'd have got her back otherwise is a challenge we'd rather not face.  Time to call out NRS Healthcare.

The usual NRS bloke arrived mid-afternoon to check the hoist. He can't find anything wrong, other than the broken cord. Says it could be that the batteries are not fully charged, and he'll be back tomorrow morning to replace the emergency stop cord.

Back to work before I break again for my third counselling session in a series of 12.  Not quite such as invasive one as the previous two and I emerge from it in a reasonably composed frame of mind. 

The session prompts me to write another letter to a friend, or rather to start one, it's completion better left just a while longer, or more likely until tomorrow.

Usual evening, making dinner with son #3 and all of us getting together to watch an episode of 'The Haunting of Bly Manor' before splitting up again to go our own garrets to sleep.

Super Furry Animals / 'The Gift That Keeps Giving' / 'Hey Venus!'



[[I really don't like music videos as a general rule, unless they are of a band performance or maybe something really abstract (I'm sure there are exceptions - no rule one lives by should be without exceptions, otherwise it's just dull), and this song is best enjoyed without the video, no matter how clever you think it is (or isn't)]]

[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020