Tales From The Crypt - Sunday 22nd August 2021

I'm aiming for a relaxing day, washing and a few other essential tasks aside.  

The morning carers arrive very early - about 8:30 a.m. - so I'm not dressed and ready when they get here. One of the carers is heading off on leave today, travelling to Liverpool with her sister who is already on leave.  I guess they're planning to set off in plenty of time. Good for them.

After breakfast it's time for 'The Observer' and, after yesterday's chat with son #1, I decide to read all the coverage on Afghanistan, in what's probably a forlorn attempt to keep myself vaguely informed.

The sun seems to be trying to break through, so maybe we have a dry day in store. Let's hope so as I've taken leave of my senses and hung the washing out to dry.

Early evening and it's still warm, sun shining, and so I go for my walk bathed in the golden glow before settling down to listen to music, starting with the Caravan box set and ending with my mega playlist on random play, as I shift to the kitchen to start the dinner.

We're all together again to eat and watch another episode of 'The Haunting Of Bly Manor', before retiring to bed.  Tiredness combined with the effects of taking mirtazapine at seven, mean that I miss a few bits of the episode: the plan had been to have dinner early but no one seemed to want to start it, so I had to. 

audiobooks / 'LaLaLa It's The Good Life' / 'Astro Tough'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020