Tales From The Crypt - Thursday 2nd September 2021

Another of those 'not much to say, it's a working day' days.  Owing to some new research that has found it's better to walk briskly for 10 minutes (or a bit more) three times a day rather than a single 30 minute brisk walk, I'm trying to change my day to incorporate that.

First thing is to find a 10 minute route - I have an idea which I'll try, so let's see how long it takes.

Not a bad guess: I've done my first walk on my proposed route and it takes between 12 and 13 minutes at speed. Perfect. Now I just need to fit two more walks into my day, which is going to be a little challenging, owing to the fact that I have a contact lens appointment at 9:15 and an Idler rogues Zoom call bookending my day.

Prior to my contact lens appointment I have to pick up my wife's monthly carrier bag full of meds from Boots and also pick up some essentials from the supermarket. My Boots visit was made better by a chat with a friend who is one of the pharmacists there. I manage to squeeze both these things in before my opticians visit which was good going.  I've got two different sets of lenses to try: a new prescription in my current lens type, which should improve my reading vision without noticeably sacrificing any distance vision and a second set which are in the latest technology which should be much more comfortable, stay wetter during the day and still feel as good at the end of the day, even if I keep them in for longer.  I leave wearing a pair of the new technology lenses, like Arnold Schwarzenegger in 'Terminator' (but with clothes), and they feel good (which reminds me of a very old and very rude (if not offensive) joke that I cannot write here!), so let's see how they go. If I were (a rich man) to opt for them they are more expensive, naturellement!

Back home (every phrase I'm writing seems to remind me of a song - OMG, I am a cliché!) and time to get down to work, which should give me an opportunity to test my reading / screen vision with the new 'Terminator' lenses.

In the afternoon a nurse came to replace the water in my wife's PEG balloon.  A slightly disconcerting visit, in that she didn't seem to know what she was doing - she certainly didn't know how the feed pump works, and I had to show her. It's critical that the tube remains in the right place otherwise, well, I'm not even going to list the 'otherwises'! I'm sure she did it right, but it doesn't inspire confidence when she doesn't seem to know what she's doing.  Good job I understand the PEG pump and associated tubes.

Onwards and upwards and all that bollocks.

Time for the Idler rogues to gather ahead of the re-starting of the Idler drinks next Thursday.  Another great ninety minutes spent in the company of some like-minded renegades. I've really enjoyed catching up with everyone and getting an insight into different lives.

Both sons that are here today seem to have got colds (hopefully) but to be on the safe side they are both doing lateral flow tests. 

Son #3 and I made dinner, with lots of handwashing, however the fact that he now has cold symptoms means it's probably too late and I am in line to get it, which will be a pain as it'll probably be my first cold since 2019, if I catch it.

We watch an 'Inside No. 9' together after which I wash up and load the dishwasher before heading skywards (slightly).

Tricky / 'Hell Is Round The Corner' / 'Maxinquaye'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021