Tales From The Crypt - Friday 10th September 2021

Friday again: weeks go really fast when you only work four days! Usual story: not going to have much to say due to work being the dominant feature of my day.

Been discussing the idea that I should eat much earlier in the evening with the carers and, lo and behold, it's twenty-past eight and no one has started dinner, so I have to. Someone else was meant to, but got engrossed in something whilst I was busy engrossed in something myself.

I got a bit annoyed about the late start and have vowed that we should move to eating by 7:30 p.m., at the latest.  This did provoke some horror, but after next weekend, when there will only be son #2 and I (plus my wife, obviously, but as she doesn't eat orally, I'm excluding her from this count), I want to start making changes.

Eventually, after nine o'clock, three of us sit down to eat together (son #1 is with his gf tonight), and watch the first episode of series 6 of 'Inside No.9'.  The first episode is a very playful story in the style of Commedia dell'arte, centred on a gang diamond heist. Much laughter! I enjoy things that play with form, styles and genre, mixing them up and giving a fresh take on all of them.

After that, bed, sleep and oblivion.

Laura Stevenson / 'State' / 'State'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020