Tales From The Crypt - Sunday 12th September 2021

Yesterday I'd thought I'd spend all of today relaxing, however that was an optimistic notion.

It's a dry day and the grass needs cutting, front and back, so I'm going to have to do that first. 

In the end, cutting the grass expanded into additional garden jobs that needed doing, as it inevitably does. Before I could even cut the grass, though, I discovered I had to replace the blade on the mower: last time I cut the grass the blade hit something (can't remember what) when I tried to cut too close to the edge of the grass. I had already bought a replacement blade, just never got around to replacing it.

Amongst these activities I found time to read the Sunday papers and go for a couple of walks, so where there was some chilling, just not as much as I'd planned.

I've also been trying to chivvy sons 1 and 3 along given they're both going to university next weekend and, without a shadow of a doubt, there will be something they'll have forgotten but will need urgently. You can lead a horse to water...

Son #3 joined me on my final walk of the day before it was time for son #2 to start making dinner.

The afternoon was disturbed by some deeply sad news from a good friend.  I can't comment on it here, it is too personal and it is not mine to discuss. Sons 1 and 2 were upset by the news too.

For some reason I feel incredibly tired today and was struggling to stay awake during 'Mrs. Maisel', so I'm probably going to have to watch most of it again.

The end.

Deafheaven / 'Great Mass Of Color' / 'Infinite Granite'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021