Tales From The Crypt - Friday 17th September 2021

No surprise, but I'm still feeling like I'm onboard the vomit comet, though it's all about feeling shit, without actually having the release of chucking it all up, 'cos there ain't nothing to chuck up. 

Still managing to work through this, though occasionally I think I'm not really up to it. Sadly, however, I have a big presentation next week and I've really got to get it off pat. Oi! Pat!

Some amusement is generated by the mid-afternoon carers visit - in describing how busy I'll be tomorrow I mention that after getting back from Birmingham I'm going to a gig.  One of my wife's Thai carers thought this very amusing as 'gig' (written anglicised as 'kik') is slang for what she described as 'temporary girlfriend', but which, on investigation, means the equivalent of a friend with benefits, or side chick.  Clearly I've been getting it all wrong!

Unexpectedly I have to take son #1 to the station as there are no taxis to be had, apparently due to a festival in Henley or Marlow: he's off out to a Declan McKenna gig tonight in Brixton with his gf.

Again there are three of us in the evening (a different combination again) and we eat moules and frites while watching the third episode of 'Vigil'.

After tidying the kitchen it's off to bed, ready for the early start and chaos tomorrow.

Róisín Murphy / 'Overpowered' / 'Overpowered'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021