Tales From The Crypt - Saturday 25th September 2021

'Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends...'  The first Saturday, post-university departures, and the start of a different 'routine'. For the first time in a long time, which breaks a tradition / habit / routine (?) that started when my wife an I first got together (give or take), I'm not doing a main food shop today. Instead food is being delivered later and I will go out and get some bread and stuff from the market, but that's all. This is an experiment rather than a new routine, which will be better for both me and son #2, who would normally have joined me (though he isn't here today anyway) and will probably enjoy this even more than I do!

Since my trip to Birmingham last Saturday, I've been running low on fuel and, foolishly,  kept putting off filling up because, at the time, I thought I'd leave it until the next time I go out.  I really can't see the sense of driving somewhere just to get fuel. I put it off a couple of times and each time thought, 'I'll leave it until the weekend'  Little did I know!  On my way to the shops I went via the nearest filling station, only to discover it was queued around the roundabout.  No way am I queueing for fuel, and so I drove around the roundabout and went to the shops. Hopefully everyone will have filled their cars and every other tin can available with fuel (fire hazard, anyone?) by the middle of the week and we can return to some sort of normality. Yeah, right.

Another morning of mindful meditation with NHS Talking Therapies from 10:00 until 13:00, something I think I really need right now.

A good meditation session which has helped to bring some calm and reflection, which I do feel better for.  It won't last, I know, but for now it keeps me keeping on.

Various things too tedious to relate are now done and it's time for me to go for my first walk of the day. It looks as if it will rain, nevertheless I'm going to walk and if it does, I'll just get wet. No big deal.

Back from the walk. No rain.  It's so late in the afternoon I've decided to skip lunch and just have fruit instead.  

Son #2 returns home late in the afternoon and we sit and chat for a bit. He's knackered as he didn't get much sleep last night.  I think he'll be going to bed until dinner: I think tonight being film night is in some doubt!

Dinner eaten and we are watching another episode of 'Smother', rather than a film. The plot thickens and darkens...

I watch a bit more of the 'Rolling Stone' (magazine) documentary before retiring.

Prince Fatty & Shniece McMenamin / 'Black Rabbit' / 'Late Night Tales presents Version Excursion selected by Don Letts'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021