Tales From The Crypt - Monday 13th September 2021

A busy Monday ahead: apart from the usual yoga session (in person again), I also have two consecutive dental appointments (check-up and hygienist) and hopefully in between I'll find time for a trip to the flying club.  In addition, assuming all goes well, I should be able to pick up my new meds from the pharmacy late afternoon, after the dentist visit.

Back from yoga: changed and ready for the next thing before the carers arrive for their lunchtime call. After their visit is over I head off for my first brisk walk of the day, and it does look like time is going to catch up with me today, and I don't think a trip to the flying club is on the cards.

Somehow it's already time to head for the dentist and while I'm getting in the car, Boots texts to say my meds are ready for collection so I'll pick them up on the way home from the dentist.  I managed to read a few pages from 'Julius' whilst I was waiting at the dentist. Result!

Home again: teeth sorted until March next year, subject, of course, to any unpleasant surprises.  Got my new meds, which includes a small surprise: the new antidepressant, Sertraline, is to be taken in the mornings and the plan for phasing out Mirtazapine and phasing in Sertraline is a bit fiddly. I think I'm going to have to create some kind of table to make sure I do it right.  I'm phasing out Mirtazapine over the next two weeks (starting with a lower dose than before) and starting Sertraline tomorrow, but initially on half the dose. After four weeks I'm meant to go back to my GP, which I need to time well as they've only given me what is effectively around 5 weeks of Sertraline, assuming the plan is for Sertraline to continue after that, which I think it is. Guess I just have to see how it goes? I wonder how well I'll sleep once the Mirtazapine is phased out?

Life is becoming a bit more hectic at the moment: the AME has told me I should see him before I see the consultant psychiatrist with aviation experience; sons 1 and 3 need to get organised to go to uni, which will inevitably involve me in some way or other (apart from the driving!); it's our 28th wedding anniversary this coming Saturday and I've been getting things organised for that (the main present arrived today and looks really sparkly); it's son #1's gf's birthday on Wednesday and I've been getting presents for her; oh, and a week tomorrow I have to do my level 2 architecture certification presentation before the board. All this on top of changing my meds!

I've been knocking up another compilation CD (to be titled 'Best of 2021 (Part Two)' - no lack of imagination there!), writing the accompanying words and so on. At least that is both therapeutic and consuming.

I've knocked up a tick-box/table to track the changing meds requirements over the next two to three weeks. Hopefully that way I shouldn't get it wrong!

Time to make dinner with son #3 before we all sit down together and watch the final episode of the first series of 'The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel'. 

Great final episode! (I probably still need to watch most of the penultimate one again, but there's time!)

To sleep, perchance...

Saint Etienne / 'Penlop' / 'I've Been Trying To Tell You'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021