Tales From The Crypt - Sunday 26th September 2021

Another night of disturbed sleep, though this time it was due to the smoke alarm deciding to have a fit at around 3 a.m.  Somehow managed to remove the bloody thing from the ceiling and mains connection with some assistance from son #2.

I didn't get much real sleep after that, maybe a little, and decided to get up pretty much as normal for a Sunday and get on with stuff.

I am very restless at the moment and finding it hard to settle.  It's alright when I'm doing housework shit, but somehow I am losing focus. No clear direction.

I've stripped my bed and got the washing underway, given the sun, hopefully it will dry, though it doesn't matter if it doesn't and just would be easier if it did.

I have blown air through the smoke alarms and vacuumed them, hopefully clearing whatever is causing them to go off. They are meant to last until 2023, so there shouldn't be anything with them.  If I have to replace them, then I'll have to get an electrician in as they've changed the design and the replacements are no longer compatible with the old base plate.

I made lunch for us both, though son #2 is yet to emerge.  Just as I sit down to eat, my 'big' sister calls and we have a chat.  Just as I finish my lunch, the phone rings again and this time it's my mother-in-law.  We have a long chat about all that's been going on.  I'm thinking about trying to concentrate for long enough to read the papers, when the phone rings again and it's my 'little' sister.  We have a catch up on what's going on in her world and vice versa.  It's been great to talk to people, it's just a shame it all happens in one afternoon! My need to be connected is partially satiated, though, indeed, though.

Whilst I was on the phone to my mother-in-law, son #2 has appeared and mouths 'thank you'.

Son #2 and I change my bed together as I'm plagued by some unexpected abdominal pain which may be the result of over-doing it on the moving front earlier this week (seems odd though, delayed reaction), as my arms are still aware that I pushed it a bit. It's always a great relief to get it done. 

Son #2 moves to the kitchen to start making dinner, as it's getting a bit late, and we eat watching another episode of 'Smother'. 

So far, so good - the smoke alarms seem to be fine now.  Maybe I need to clean them more frequently!

Tonight is the last night I take Mirtazapine as from tomorrow I will only be taking Sertraline.  I am hoping that coming off it completely doesn't cause me to have another round of cold turkey, though I won't find out until Tuesday. The gift that keeps on giving! Hopefully my sleep will settle down once my system is rid of the last trace of it, and then it's just about keeping an even keel. Easy 😕

To bed, to sleep...

Michael Kiwanuka / 'Falling' / 'Love & Hate'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021