Tales From The Crypt - Monday 6th September 2021

The first non-flying Monday for a couple of weeks and I feel like I'm missing out on things. Still on a bit of a post-gig high, unusually so, though I guess it's almost eighteen months since I last went to a gig.

Yoga in the flesh this morning, which will make a pleasant change, though the travelling means it will take up more of my morning.

That was a great yoga session with the added bonus that one of the attendees is an ex. therapist and she's given me some advice on getting my flying / medication issue sorted. It's going to take a multi-pronged approach, but at least I have some things to do.  I shall also seek advice from the flying club today when I call to get a few other questions answered.

I'm trying to finish reading 'Adults' today, but this is looking like a lost cause and with all the things I have to get done today (including four wash loads, thanks to a surprise from son #3) it's looking like I may reluctantly have to bail from tonight's book club, the second in a row, which is unheard of for me.

I manage to ring the flying club, but operations are very busy and ask me to call back later, so I do.  The most important finding of my call is that they recommend that I seek the advice of my GP and an AME (Aeromedical Examiner) before committing to the full 45 hours training. My path ahead is becoming clearer and I know the next steps I must take, starting with finding out who are our nearest AMEs.

Back to 'Adults' and decision time: I'm clearly not going to finish the book and frankly I am just running out of time today, and so I must message my fellow 'Caversham Critics' and send my apologies.  What I must do now is finish this book so I have plenty of time to read 'Julius' by Daphne Du Maurier, which is next.

I make dinner and five of us (us four plus son #3's gf, hence the five!) sit down and watch episode three of 'The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel' which is still making me laugh out loud.

Bed then sleep, all being well.

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds / 'From Her To Eternity' / (Live in Copenhagen, but originally from studio album 'From Her To Eternity', which was credited to Nick Cave Featuring The Bad Seeds)



[[Sunday's gig was stunningly good, but a part of me missed the Bad Seeds and numbers like this...maybe next year  (Maybe I should have chosen 'Release The Bats'!!)]]

[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020