Tales From The Crypt - Tuesday 14th September 2021

A lousy start to Tuesday: for some reason I feel sick, have a dodgy belly and have a headache, the sort of headache that's usually a pre-cursor to an involuntary re-discovery of yesterday's food.

Nevertheless I'm trying to work: drinking loads of water and taking paracetamol for the brain cell.  Naturally work and feeling like shit means I'll not have much to say here.

Late afternoon I started feeling a bit better, having only eaten dry bread for lunch, setting me up well in time for this week's counselling session.

Today's counselling was both draining (I usually struggle to return to work afterwards) and productive. It feels like we got close to the root of something that needs to change, something that, if I can make the changes, will benefit us all, but especially me and, indirectly, my wife.  Apparently we only have five more sessions left, which means today was the seventh: oddly, I thought we'd only had three!

Despite feeling a bit crap most of the day I managed both to get work done and to write most of a letter to a friend.

I've now started my new medication and so far, I can't tell any difference, but then again it is day one!

Son #2 made most of dinner with a little help from me, and then we all four (for the last time this week) all sat down together to watch the first episode of 'Vigil', as selected by son #2.  

The first episode of 'Vigil' was suitably intriguing, and hopefully that will continue.

After that the usual wind-down to the day.

Gruff Rhys / 'Can't Carry On' / 'Seeking New Gods'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020